Thursday, October 9, 2008

New Travel Camera/Computer Case


Since I find myself traveling a lot lately, I had to share my new investment with you......I hope this info helps you too.
I have learned that my aching bones can't handle my suitcases, laptop bag, and camera backpack at airports anymore. So, I picked up this new large wheeled camera/computer case at the SWPPA convention. This bag is made by PELICAN and is one of their RSV series bags.
The bag is water resistant and lined with PVC coated nylon for durability. I really like that the dividers are removable and there is enough room inside for several SLR cameras and plenty of lenses and accessories.
Now for the BIGGIE!!!!!!!!! My 17 inch laptop fits very nicely in the front pocket which is removable via zipper! So that means that when I get on a plane, I can unzip the front where my laptop fits, put the strap on it, use that portion as my purse, and use the actual case as my carry on which fits nicely in the stowing area!!
I can't WAIT to use it!!!! I probably won't use it until I go to Arizona for our National Convention in January though.
To get information on the bag, you can log onto www.bkaphoto.com. The bag retails for $399, but I picked it up from Midwest Camera for $219. I liked the black one most becasue it matches with EVERYTHING!!

2 comments:

  1. I happen to prefer the Tenba Bags. I had not known that Pelican made any but their HARD cases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tenba bags are GREAT TOO!!! I own the backpack and LOVE IT!!! But I needed something for cross country travel for my gear and 17" laptop. This Pelican case is definitely NOT a hard case.......very light weight yet durable. LEt me know if you'd like to see mine some time!
    V-

    ReplyDelete