Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Expodisc Vs. CBL

A photo friend of mine and I recently got together for lunch. She wanted to know why I thought that my CBL was better than her Expodisc.

Well…………………..The Expodisc is a circular plastic device that is put at the end of a lens to shoot a custom white balance.

I told her that I thought that my CBL was more “accurate” because of the simple idea that the light that falls on my subjects is not always the same as the light that is hitting my lens. You see, when I use my CBL as a custom white balance, I hold it in front of my subjects, and so my camera takes the reading from that area to create more accurate results.

If I choose to use my CBL as a color target for Camera RAW instead, then I STILL hold it in front of my subjects and still get accurate results every time.

The interesting thing is, that when I speak with other photographers at conventions, there seems to be plenty of shooters out there who really don’t know how to use the Expodisc correctly. The CBL is SO SUPER DUPER easy to use and has been fail proof for me every time!

To order one, you can log on to www.amazon.com or look for it from Midwest Camera at the Southwest Convention in Arlington, Texas next month. I will be sure to be there so if you want me to pick one up for you, just send me an e-mail. By the way……it is extremely AFFORDABLE too!!!
CHEERS!

Una amiga mía de fotografía y yo nos juntamos para almorzar recientemente. Ella quiso saber por qué yo pienso que mi CBL es más mejor que su Expodisc.

Pues…..el Expodisc es un dispositivo de plastico que se pone enfrente de su lente para tomar un “Custom White Balance”.

Le dije que creo que mi CBL es más exacto porque la luz que se cae en mis sujetos no es siempre el mismo como la luz que se cae en mi lente. Cuando uso mi CBL como un “Custom White Balance”, yo lo tengo delante de mis sujetos, y mi cámara toma la lectura de esa área para crear los resultados más exactos.

Si uso mi CBL como un objetivo de color para “Camara RAW”, pues entonces TODAVIA lo pongo delante de mis sujetos y todavia consigo los resultados exactos cada vez.

La cosa interesante es, cuando hablo con otros fotógrafos en convenciones, se me parece que muchos de ellos no saben como usar el Expodisc correctamente. ¡El CBL es TAN fácil para usar y nunca se ha fallado para mí!

Para ordenar uno, puede ir a www.amazon.com o buscalo en Midwest Camera en la convención de Southwest en Arlington el proximo mes en Tejas. Voy a estar allí seguramente y si usted desea, les recojo un CBL. Mande me un correo electrónico. ¡Por la manera……es muy ECONOMICO también!!!
¡Chao!

3 comments:

  1. based on the images on your site, I am very impressed and ordered one! I will let you know how it works for me.
    Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me old-fashioned, but I'll stick with my gray card!

    Love ya'

    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Larry..............I tell you what.......I will let you "Play" with my CBL. Then tell me if you are still "OLD FASHIONED". ;))
    V-

    ReplyDelete