Saturday, January 3, 2009

Elgin High School







Hey there! I just wanted to post a few shots of one of the seniors that I photographed this holiday season.

This is Courtney and she is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! She is from Elgin High School and has a promising future ahead of her. What I LOVE about my clients is that they are all so different. The white pickup in some of these shots was her grandpas. The use of his truck made her portraits very special and very memorable for her family.

On this particular day, it was a beautiful day but also EXTREMELY windy. That didn't stop us though.........we still got wonderful shots and had so much fun! In order to get more sharper images due to the wind, I used off camera flash in most of the shots and I mostly had to face her towards the wind because of her long hair.

Even though I am usually very careful not to get sun in people's faces, I really liked the pasture and trees so I asked Courtney to just "play" in the field on the second shot. I then converted the image to a high grain sepia tone with a little bit of color to create a really funky look.

Anyhow, the most rewarding part of this experience for me was the look on Courtney's mom's face when she opened her box of portraits and loved them just as much as I loved creating them!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE what i do!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment