Sunday, August 26, 2007

Whew! What a Weekend!
So my husband is on a long needed vacation with my nephew. They are on a cruise right now. He is the hardest working man that I have ever met in my life, so this trip is a God send for him. Unfortunately, that means that I get to tend to our home by myself for a while. It wouldn't be so bad, except that most of my kiddos are teenagers now and they sure are testing their waters with me right now; especially with the little ones.
Seems that the teasing and the typical school-age behavior has come into full swing. One of my sons had a hard lesson today about teasing and name calling. It had to be explained to him that calling other kids names and teasing is extremely inappropriate at any age and that name calling and belittling others is just a method of trying to make oneself feel better. He was then asked how he would feel if someone did that to his mama and my son started to cry.........he said that he wouldn't like that at all.

I explained to him that it would be okay. That sometimes people make bad choices. I explained to him that the choices that we make in life can either make us bitter or better.............and I pray for better everyday.
Kudos!
V-

No comments:

Post a Comment