Thursday, November 20, 2008

New Hair cut!


Ooookay………………So I got a new haircut last weekend! My friends have been asking what it looks like. All I have to say is that for me, it is VERY DIFFERENT!!!
I haven’t had hair this short since I was about 5 years old.

My hairstylist is out of Vernon, Texas. She used to be on 10th street in Wichita Falls, and then she moved to Vernon to be closer to her husband’s job. The lucky thing about living in Grandfield is that we are about equal distance to Wichita Falls, to Lawton, and to Vernon. So of course I followed her! Her name is Veronica too! She works at The Lion’s Mane and is a TRUE artist. Veronica is the type of hairstylist that will look at a client and tell her EXACTLY what look would look great on her!

Usually, I sit in her chair and let her do whatever she wants. Last year, I ended up with beautiful blonde streaks, flaming magenta overtones, and then decided to grow my hair long. But now I understand the appeal of short hair. This week, it has been HEAVEN to be able to sleep in a little longer and not have to worry about my hair. I just get up, comb a little, and GO!

My students FREAKED out when they saw my new look. Most of them liked it a lot…some loved it…..and some said I even look very SASSY and younger!....go figure~!
I will take a new picture this weekend and post it. Those of you who know me well………may freak a little.

Anyhow, this is a family portrait I took of my hairstylist and her family a couple of years ago. If you’d like to give Veronica a try, call her at (940) 733-8467. Tell her that I sent you. I promise that you won’t be disappointed!
Cheers!

¡Ooookay .................. pues conseguí un nuevo corte de pelo el fin de semana pasado! Mis amigos han estado preguntando como se parece. ¡Todo lo que tengo que decir es que para mí, es MUY DIFERENTE!!! No he tenido pelo este corto desde que era cerca de 5 años.

Mi peluquera está en Vernon, Tejas. Ella estaba en la calle 10 en Wichita, y entonces ella se movió a Vernon para estar más cerca al trabajo de su marido. La cosa afortunada sobre vivir en Grandfield es que estamos sobre distancia igual de Wichita, a Lawton, y a Vernon. ¡Por supuesto la seguí! ¡Su nombre es Veronica también! Ella trabaja en The Lion’s Mane y es artista. ¡ Veronica es el tipa de peluquera que mirará a su cliente y le dirá EXACTAMENTE qué mirada parecería fantástica en ella!

Generalmente, me siento en su silla y la dejo hacer lo que ella desea. El año pasado, terminé con rayas rubias, tonos de magentas, y después decidía crecer mi pelo largo. Pero ahora entiendo la súplica del pelo corto. Esta semana, ha sido CIELO a poder dormir un poco más y no tuve que preocuparme de mi pelo. ¡Apenas me levanto, me peino un poco, y me VOY!

Mis estudiantes se fliparon cuando vieron mi nueva mirada. ¡La mayoria parte de mis estudiantes les gustaron mucho mi pelo … algunos les encantaron ..... y algunos dijeron que me parezco muy SASSY y más joven! Tomaré un nuevo foto este fin de semana y lo pongo en mi blog. Los de usted que me conocen bien ......... se van a monstruar un poco.

De todos modos, esto es un retrato de la familia que tomé de mi peluquera y de su familia dos años pasados. Si usted quisiera dar a Veronica un intento, llámela en (940) 733-8467. Dígale que le enviara. ¡Prometo que usted no estará decepcionado!
¡Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment