Sunday, November 16, 2008


WOW! I just found this REALLY awesome product!

I often find myself photographing an out of town wedding or covering a big an event for a client…..the problem is that many times, it isn’t practical for me to take my laptop…..which means that I have to guard my compact flash cards with my LIFE until I can get home and down-load and back-up my images!!!

So I just got a NEXTO portable photo and video back up storage device. It allows me to back up my photos directly from my camera or my cards in no time at all without using a computer!!!! I can store up to 160 Gigabytes of information on this little thing! Which are about 40 cards for me! It is about the size of a 3x5 print and works really, really fast. I backed up 590 RAW images from my 8 GB flash card in exactly 5 minutes and 8 seconds!

This little drive is so easy to use and is made of very durable material.
Right now, I’m only using it as a temporary back-up device………..but it can also be used as a hard drive.

Anyhow, the reason that I am so intrigued with this Nexto is because the new Canon EOS 5D Mark II will be able to shoot video as well. I was excited to hear about that but was also concerned about it eating all of my card space…………but now that I have this NEXTO, that won’t be an issue at all!

My NEXTO eXtreme ND2700 is made by NEXTO DI. You can get more information at www.nextodi.com
Or purchase one at Mel Pierce Camera out of Hollywood, California for about $209. Their website is www.melpiercecamera.com.
Cheers!

¡Caramba! ¡Apénas encontré un producto fantástico!

Siempre me encuentro tomando fotos en una boda en otro pueblo o tomando fotos en un evento para clientes……el problema es que a veces no es práctico a llevar mi computadora. Y eso quiere decir que tengo que cuidar mis cartas de foto con todo mi vida hasta que llego a la casa y las pongo en mi computadora.

Pues, encontré el NEXTO almacenaje portátil mecanismo para fotos y video. ¡Con este mecanismo, puedo poner mis fotos de mi cámara o cartas muy pronto sin la computadora! ¡Puedo poner 160 GB de información en esta cosa chiquita! Para mi…..son 40 cartas. El almacenaje portátil es el tamaño de un foto 3x5 y trabaja muy pronto. ¡Puse 590 fotos RAW imagenes de mi carta 8GB en cinco minutos y ocho segundos!

Este mecanismo es muy fácil para usar y se me hace que es muy buen hecho de materias duras. Ahora, lo estoy usando cómo un almacenaje portátil, pero tambien se puede usar cómo un “hard drive”.

En todo caso, la rasón que estoy tan intriga con el NEXTO es porque la nueva Canon EOS 5D Mark II va a poder tomar vidéo tambien. Estaba muy emocionada de eso pero tambien me puse preocupada porque iba usar bastante espacio en mis cartas de foto. Pero con mi NEXTO , eso no va a ser un problema.

La companía NEXTO DI hace el NEXTO eXtreme ND2700. Se puede encontrar más información en www.nextodi.com
O se puede comprar en Mel Pierce Camera de Hollywood, California por $209. Su direción del web es www.melpiercecamera.com.

¡Chao!

2 comments:

  1. I just purchased one of these.... They are great.
    Thanks for the headsup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, the 8 gigs I backed up took 5 minutes and that was WITH verification

    ReplyDelete